Pro Football Talk.com has the latest on Andre Smith and the holdout of the number six pick:
With only three unsigned first-round picks left, one of them might not be signing any time soon.
On Thursday night, agent Alvin Keels offered up this missive, on Twitter:
“Sent over what I thought was a very good and fair proposal today to the Bengals! Lets hope it does the trick. If not back to square one!”
But we’d be shocked if the Bengals accept it. They’ve got no qualms about players holding out, and they don’t seem to be willing to respect the ritual of the slotting process.
In the first episode of Hard Knocks (which our friends at NFL Films sent to us on DVD because we’re too cheap to buy HBO), Bengals exec Katie Blackburn offered an overly simplistic summary of the situation.
“It’s extremely frustrating,” Blackburn said. “You’re offering them so much money, and yet for some reason they’re saying that it’s not enough.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on