The Bengals have scored a deal with second-round pick Rey Maualuga:
The Bengals have agreed to terms with second-round pick Rey Maualuga. The years and terms of the deal were not immediately available.
Maualuga, who played middle linebacker at Southern California, will compete with Rashad Jeanty for the starting spot at SAM (outside linebacker). Defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer said Tuesday that he will play Maualuga in the middle in some packages.
Maualuga’s signing leaves defensive end Michael Johnson (third round) and first-round pick Andre Smith unsigned at this time.
Johnson’s deal could be wrapped up today or tomorrow, while Smith’s could take awhile. Only five first-round picks have signed as of Wednesday afternoon.
Denver’s Alphonso Smith, who was selected right above Maualuga, signed a four-year deal for $4.93 million with $2.9 guaranteed.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on