Holdouts with the Bengals are nothing new. DE Justin Smith sat out 50 days back in 2001, OLB David Pollack missed all of training camp back in 2005. Now indications are pointing to the Bengals first round pick this year – OL Andre Smith, holding out of training camp.
Chick Ludwig of the Dayton Daily News spoke about Smith in his column today, stating that the Bengals better “anticipate a long and arguably agonizing holdout from first-round draft pick Andre Smith.” That;s a shame, since Smith is a player that has a shot to have an impact his rookie season for the cats.
With the Bengals no strangers to first-round holdouts, this one won’t be such a shock, but the problem is Smith is a player that should be able to simply see what the picks around him are getting and should get in camp once it starts. Problem is – it doesn’t look likely to happen.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on