Football Outsiders has out their list of “The Top 10 unfilled roster holes,” and the Bengals make the list with their unsettled RB spot. Here’s the story:
3. Cincinnati Bengals: Running Back
Impressed by the 282 rushing yards Cedric Benson picked up in the final three games of the season, the Bengals gave the former top-five pick a two-year, $7 million deal and made him the full-time starting back. The only problem? Benson wasn’t even very good. Because his two biggest games came against the porous rush defenses of Cleveland (22nd-best rushing DVOA in the league) and Kansas City (28th), gaining those 282 yards on a combined 73 carries wasn’t a particularly impressive feat. His DVOA of minus-19.1 percent for those two games reveals how middling his performance actually was, and over the course of the year, his minus-34 DYAR was sixth-worst among all running backs.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on