Marvin Lewis is speaking out about the recent free agency loss of tackle Stacy Andrews, who left the team to go to the Eagles.
“I was surprised because he led us to believe differently,” Lewis said of Andrews, according to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I was disappointed because Stacy led us to believe that he wanted to stay [in Cincinnati], so it was up to his representative to get a contract done. We felt like we had a deal done and then, all of a sudden, he walked away and that disappointed me.”
The Bengals instead of throwing the franchise tag on Andrews, they instead put it on kicker Shayne Graham. Andrews was the teams franchise player in 2008.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on