In an unexpected move by the Cincinnati Bengals, the team has released running back Rudi Johnson, according to John Clayton of ESPN.com. The transaction comes as somewhat as a surprise as Johnson, despite having been injury-prone in recent years, came to Bengals camp in probably the best shape of his life.
Despite that effort, Johnson’s agent, Peter Schaffer, confirmed that the Bengals did in fact release Johnson. Prior to his release, Johnson was in the 4th year of a 5-year, $20.7 million contract; the release also gives the starting RB job to Chris Perry.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on