Bengals defensive end Justin Smith is set to become a force on the free agent market after the Bengals declined to put the franchise tag on him on Monday. The former first round draft choice will be free to go to the team of his choice when free agency starts on February 29th. Chiefs DE Jared Allen was slapped with the franchise tag Monday, making Smith the best DE on the free agent market. Smith last season played in all 16 games for the Bengals, making 78 tackles and 2 sacks. In his seven seasons with the Bengals, Smith was a force with 43.5 sacks and he played in all 16 games in each of his seven seasons expect his first when he played in 15 games. The Bengals used their franchise tag Monday on OL Stacy Andrews.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on