The Bengals, who are a bit thin already at the tight end spot, waived TE Ronnie Ghent. He was from Louisville, and spent the 2006 season on the team’s practice squad before being moved to the injured reserve list with a foot injury suffered October 25th in practice. Right now, second-year and former undrafted player Tim Day is the teams backup tight end. The other player that may have to fill the void at the TE spot is Bobby Blizzard, who the team signed to a one-year deal back on June 27th. Blizzard led the Cologne Centurions with 38 catches, 494 yards and six TD’s. Look for the Bengals to take a long look at the wavier wire as camp moves along if any decent tight ends are out on the market for the taking.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bengals Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bengals Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cincinnati Bengals news.
- A.J. Green Does Not Want the Franchise Tag on
- Steelers Players Upset Over Vontaze Burfict’s Hit on Antonio Brown on
- Bengals to Visit with Free Agent Safety Eric Reid on
- Grab The NEW Bengals Cardiac Cats Shirt From Smack Apparel! on
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict Suspended Three Games for Saturday Hit on Brown on